In case you haven’t noticed, there is something unique about today’s date…11/12/13!
What I didn’t know was that this is the last time we will see three consecutive numbers line up for 90 years!
Dates like this have been historically popular for special occasions…in particular wedding dates! And apparently birthdays as well with mothers wanting to deliver their babies in time!
It is also a special date for the Chinese…the sum of 11, 12, and 13 is 9. The number 9 is also considered to be ‘lucky’ in the Chinese culture as it means long lasting.
This calendrical sequence only happens 11 times a century and we will have to wait until 1/2/2103 for the dates to come into line again!
In my lifetime, I have seen 1/2/03, 2/3/04, 3/4/05, 4/5/06, 5/6/07, 6/7/08, 7/8/09, 8/9/10, 9/10/11 and 10/11/12..and I have now seen 11/12/13!
But some countries won’t have to wait. For example the Americans only have another one next year as they have a different date format…M/D/Y..so the next one is 12/13/14…. and it falls on a Saturday so you can only image how many people will get married in the US!
And if you are into numbers and dates, here are some odd facts about today’s date…
* At 2:11:21 a.m., it will be 12/11 2:11:21 which is three repeats of three numbers: 121-121-121.
* At 8:09:10 a.m., the time and date will read as 8:09:10 11/12/13, a full complement of consecutive numbers.
* At 2:15:16 p.m., when stated in military time, it will be 11/12/13 14:15:16; a series of six increasing numbers.
* For a simple sequence, at 9:10 p.m., it will be 9:10 11/12/13.
* At 10:21:11 p.m., when stated in military time, it will be 11/12 22:21:11, which gives us a palindrome of 11122-22111.
My head hurts….
So did you do anything to mark this special date…or was it just another day…